Canon’s RF 50mm f/1.2L is a spectacular lens that has garnered a whole bunch of reward, nonetheless at over $2,000, that can also be very expensive and sure overkill for a whole bunch of photographers. Canon additionally has the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM, on the totally different hand, giving photographers a mighty further low cost selection, and this gargantuan video analysis takes a check out the additional or a lot much less efficiency you’d question from it in apply.
Coming to you from Dustin Abbott, this superior video analysis takes a check out the Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM mirrorless lens. Even when the 50mm f/1.8 is a great distance further low cost than its f/1.2L cousin, it light comes with a fluctuate of superior elements, together with:
- Single precision-molded aspherical element for a lot much less distortion and elevated sharpness
- STM stepping motor for like a flash autofocus that is additionally aloof ample for video work
- Tall Spectra coating for a lot much less flares and ghosting and higher distinction
- Customizable Management Ring for altering aperture, ISO, or publicity compensation
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Certainly, the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM is no longer going to outperform the RF 50mm f/1.2L, nonetheless it fully affords moderately spectacular efficiency for its tag and seems esteem moderately a versatile selection for a fluctuate of genres. Check out up on the video above for Abbott’s elephantine options.
Alex Cooke is a Cleveland-primarily based portrait, events, and panorama photographer. He holds an M.S. in Utilized Arithmetic and a doctorate in Music Composition. He is additionally an avid equestrian.